My Dental Routine

 

I am terrified of dentists since childhood and there is not much I can do to calm down my anxiety each time I need to go and have a check up.

I think it's because the first time when I was in elementary school I had my first visit and getting my tooth out as why it left a bad memory as each other visit needing fixing something.

Its why mothers today take their children early on for their children to develop a positive attitude towards any dentist doing a regular check up each six months and for them to create a habit after listening everything the doctor said about having our teeth healthy as children themselves being responsible for their teeth health.

Having healthy teeth depends on:

• dental care,

• food we eat,

• family genealogy and

• dentist.


• Dental care.

When it comes to dental care as I am at home most of the days I promised myself to wash teeth after each meal using whitening tooth paste and dental sticks and floss during evening. It takes about two weeks to notice colour change using whitening paste if you smoke or use to much coffee or tea which is obviously not recommended.

Important to have:

- tooth brush is something most choose to not hurt them during washing meaning softer tooth brushes while dentists recommend medium rough tooth brushes,

- tooth paste, I prefer using whitening effect tooth pastes lately despite being suggested to use ones which are good for gums.

- mouth wash is to be used during evening dental care as much as many use it in the morning,

- floss

- tooth brush sticks.

Tooth brush should be changed each three months and during that time cleaned couple of time using baking soda and hot water to dip it in for couple of hours.

• Food we eat.

It's not just smoking, coffee, tea, chocolate or similar left overs on your teeth making problems if not removed during regular washing them. 

Our menu is as we leave pieces of each of the food we digest on our teeth so it's the obvious reason why diets considered as 'junk food's are not recommended in our daily menu.

More fresh fruit and vegetables in our diet can do wonders for our entire health with that dental care included.


• Family genealogy.

Everyone in my close family has artificial teeth either implanted or using a jaw teeth replacement. 

I would say from childhood I did not have a positive example of how important dental self care and regular dentist visits are.

It's all about prevention and it's something I am going to include carefully in my children's self care once I have them.




• Dentist.

This is probably the most important thing, after regular taking care of your teeth, choosing the right dentist not giving you the slightest anxiety for you to know you are in safe hands when it comes to dental care knowledge and experience.

I use public dentist service here at Kragujevac and currently have an operation waiting for quite some time as of my fear I am finally getting through in order to have all my teeths as healthier as possible.

Good advice and experience is important when it comes to some cases as serious as my own as of lack of responsibility towards myself.

Comments